Sunday 16 July 2017

To Have and To Hold

Elaine's Page
Today I'm sharing the fourth and final page that I made for the Scrap Whispers game at UKScrappers last month. This one was started by Mags and passed to Susan and Elaine, before I played last. 

Unusually, Mags gave us a double page, and the version that Elaine passed to me, with just two photos, is nothing like I would normally make. I decided almost at once that I would need to find a way to use more pictures, filling in the 'gaps' between the existing photos to make a full row. I picked a set of wedding photos for the page, twenty years old so taken long before digital cameras, which meant I had only taken five. Two were very similar, so I rejected one to give me four pictures to span the double page.

I used a script paper from my scraps box for the panels at the sides, and decided to work with 6x6 papers for the rest of the page. I started out by layering each photo on two papers as Elaine had done, but it wasn't making me happy, so I changed to a broad strip of overlapping papers instead.





I also changed the (faux?) stitched circles on the page, picking hearts instead and overlapping them in the centre rather than having one on each side. I added a few puffy hearts to the stitched hearts, echoing the wood veneer pieces in Elaine's design, and also put one on the tab of the journalling card tucked behind the photo on the far right of the page (well, it should be on the far right; I obviously tucked it behind the wrong one here, but I've moved it now).

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Adrift, Pebbles Tealightful, Trimcraft Fall in Love, My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio
Letters - Martha Stewart
Journalling Card & Flowers - from Stash
Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye
Puffy Stickers - Fancy Pants
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment