Saturday 16 September 2017

Iceland, Greenland and Norway - A New Project

It is very rare for me to get excited about a new scrapbooking range, or to buy most of it as soon as it is released, but I did exactly that earlier this year. The collection in question was Boarding Pass from Photo Play Paper, which I thought would be perfect for a scrapbook from our cruise this summer. 



I bought the 12x12 collection pack, the 6x6 pad and the ephemera back in April and since then I have been putting together a collection of complementary papers ready for a new album. These are mostly from Echo Park, with a few from American Crafts, We R Memory Keepers and Pink Paislee.



I'll be making all the pages on kraft cardstock, and I have gathered an assortment of cardstock and plainer papers to go with the patterns.



I have a few map print papers too, though I'm not sure if I will use them or not. For smaller papers, I have some 6x6 sheets and cards from My Mind's Eye's Hello World, journalling cards from an older kit and some decoupage papers for layering.



I have Mistable stickers in four different shapes, some map stars that were left over from my last cruise album and new puffy stickers from Bella Boulevard and American Crafts/Shimelle. I've also pulled out both enamel dots and pearls in coordinating colours.


More embellishments include stickers and die-cuts from October Afternoon, tags from American Crafts/Amy Tangerine and Ormulu, an old set of die-cuts from atd and some acrylic words. I also have several washi tapes picked out, including two cream and gold tapes with stars and arrows.



Finally, I have stencils, stamps and dies that I can repeat throughout the album without fear of running out. The stars dies will work well to repeat with the star puffy stickers, and I have a circle die the right size to fit the globe in the Shimelle stamp set.



It feels like I have a lot of 'stuff' and I will undoubtedly add still more as I go along. I'm hoping that I have sufficient variety that I won't get bored of working with them. I don't have any letter stickers here yet as I will pick those for each page as I go; I'm actually hoping to cut a lot of them with either my Big Shot or my Silhouette.

Most of the page for this album will be traditional 12x12 pages, but I still haven't decided whether I will combine them with divided pages. I'm not going to work chronologically either; I'm hoping to use as many sketch challenges as possible for the album so I'll be picking out photos as and when I see a sketch that inspires me.



No comments:

Post a Comment