Thursday 21 September 2017

Reykjavik

The problem with starting a new album without much of a plan, is that you don't have much of a plan. Having made my first couple of pages, I was left scrolling through photos and flicking through sketches, waiting for inspiration that didn't strike.

I'm currently taking part in Shimelle Laine's new class A Most Magical Scrapbook and one of her prompts is about making 'chapter dividers' to split an album into sections. This is something that I did for my Canadian Cruise album so it really should have occurred to me sooner. We had five ports of call on our cruise, so I'm going to start with 'title pages' for them; I've printed a 6x8 overview photo of each one and I shall be making five very similar pages.

My page design is loosely based on one from the class, where Shimelle used two 4x6 photos and a 4" strip of paper on a patterned background. My pages will all be on kraft cardstock rather than a pattern, so I've made the top strip wider and added an extra panel down the left. My journalling is in two parts - a few facts under the title and part of the story of the day on the journalling card. Of course that story will continue over a whole series of pages from the day.



I intend to repeat this basic page design four more times, so I cut the title letters on my Silhouette and embellished with stamped and die-cut pieces rather than unique items. This page took a bit of time and fussing to get it right, but now that it's done I have a clear template for the rest. I'll repeat the camera paper strip across the page each time, but I'll change the rest of the colours and patterns to suit each photo.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, Bazzill
Paper - Photo Play Paper Boarding Pass, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Journal Card - My Mind's Eye Hello World
Word Sticker - Tim Holtz
Enamel Dots/Stars - Echo Park, Marianne Designs
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Daisy Brush Script Letter Set
Big Shot
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Little B Arrows Dies
Spellbinders Circle Die
X-Cut Travel Dies
Quickutz Tab Die
American Crafts/Shimelle 'Starshine' Globe Stamp
Scrapberry's 'Around the World' Compass Stamp
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
X-Cut Corner Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment