Saturday 30 September 2017

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - The Finale

Well, we've reached the end of September, the nights are drawing in and the Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt is coming to an end. It's been run by Mary-Lou at Patio Postcards this year, and she provided us with a list of 25 items to find between 1 June and 30 September.

I'd shared 18 finds up to the end of August, with a couple more bagged but not shared at that time, leaving five to find. I realised subsequently that I had three more, and then had to scramble through the last two today as the end of the month and the end of the hunt was nigh. 

I've shared most of these previously (London Finds, Local Finds and Foreign Finds) with some duplicates along the way, but I've pulled together my final selection in one post today.

1. Something Fuzzy
Cheating a bit here maybe, but I love this fuzzy photo of our cruise ship at night.



2. Bubbles
Boiling mud pools in Iceland


3. A Web
* NEW * An obliging spider spun this by our front door.



4. A Zig Zag
The 'keep clear' markings by our local school.



5. A Seasonal Relaxing Space
The pool area on our ship.




6. A Pipe
In Norway.




7. The Inside of Something
The inside of a traditional turf house in Greenland, a winter home for up to four families.



8. Rust or Something Derelict
Found in Reykjavik, Iceland.



9. A Kite or Balloon
* NEW * A last minute photo, having failed to find anything more interesting all summer.



10. Something Yellow
One of the buildings in Ă…lesund, Norway.



11. A Toy Only Found Out During June to September
* NEW * The pool in my brother's garden.



12. A Wedding
* NEW * Just the bride and groom, who we saw in the street having a photo shoot in Durham, England.



13. A Dome
This just had to be St Paul's Cathedral, London.



14. Someone Fishing
On the harbour wall in Reykjavik, Iceland.



15. Something Crafted from Wood
In a Sculpture Garden on Reykjavik, Iceland.



16. A Baby (Human or Animal)
Husky puppies in Tasiilaq, Greenland.



17. Circles or Crosses in Architecture
Crosses as part of the structure of one of the buildings in Cannon Street, London.



18. A Fan
A souvenir from Malaysia.



19. Feet of Man or Beast
* NEW * My own feet, another last minute photo.



20. Something Found Underground
* NEW * The roots of a plant I dug up and relocated.



21. A Plaque
I found all of these on the buildings of Bedford Square in London.




22. A Dial
* NEW * The Jubilee Clock in South Queensferry, Scotland.



23. Something Powered by Wind
A yacht near Reykjavik, Iceland.



24. Seasonal Food or Drink
* NEW * Part of the gala buffet on our cruise. (I'm saying this is seasonal since it was part of our summer holiday.)



25. A Hat 
As worn by our son, who has a thing about hats.



So, all done for another year. I hope that Mary-Lou will set as interesting a list for 2018 when it comes round.



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant selection and wow, you got around a bit!
    My faves are 3,4,10,12,20,24. đŸ¤—

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda for joining in, I do hope you had fun. Excellent web but just cringe at that occupant! I didn't think balloons would have been a hard one, but I really didn't get a get shot either. For me no brides or balloons this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you certainly have quite a widespread collection. They are great and also very interesting.

    ReplyDelete