Wednesday 6 September 2017

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - Foreign Finds

We're three-quarters of the way through this year's Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt which has been put together by Mary-Lou at Patio Postcards; there's no link-up for August, but I'm sharing my recent finds anyway.

I do like to find as many items as possible while we're on holiday each year, and we've just come back from a cruise to Iceland, Greenland and Norway. I had found seven items at the end of July, but I always wipe the list clean and start again while we are abroad.

Some of these will make the final cut come the end of the month, but there are others where I have better versions already, and some where I'm not happy with what I have taken so will carry on hunting.


My foreign finds are:

1. Something Fuzzy
Akureyri (Iceland) - This was our cruise ship, the photo taken at night, from a mile away, on maximum zoom, so I'm not surprised at the fuzziness; however I love the way it came out like an impressionist painting.


2. Bubbles
Námafjall (Iceland) - The boiling mud pots of the geothermal landscape.


5. A Seasonal Relaxing Space/Item
MS Black Watch - The pool area at the back of the ship. More relaxing in warmer climes; this photo was taken in Scotland.


6. A Pipe
Briksdalen (Norway) - No idea what this pipe is for.


7. The Inside of Something
Tasiilaq (Greenland) - The inside of a traditional turf house, dug into the hillside, the winter home of up to four families.



8. Rust or Something Derelict
Reykjavik (Iceland) - We walked past a property with a garden full of 'sculptures' made from repurposed/recycled items. 


10. Something Yellow
Ålesund (Norway) - The building of a ship's chandler.


14. Someone Fishing
Reykjavik (Iceland) - On the harbour wall as we were leaving.


15. Something Crafted from Wood
Raykjavik (Iceland) - A piece in the Sculpture Garden.


16. A Baby (Human or Animal)
Tasiilaq (Greenland) - Animal babies for me, three adorable husky puppies.


21. A Plaque
Ålesund (Norway) - A plaque on a tower above the town, which I think says the tower was a present from Vancouver on the 100th anniversary of Ålesund's founding.


22. A Dial
Akureyri (Iceland) - The clock on Akureyri's church.


23. Something Powered by Wind
Reykjavik (Iceland) - A yacht just offshore.


25. A Hat
Ålesund (Norway) - My son has an obsession with hats (but no idea that I have taken this picture).


I'd found a paltry seven items for the hunt during June and July, but I'm now on a much more respectable eighteen (as some of these are duplicates of previous finds). I do actually have two more bagged but not shared here as they were not taken on holiday, so just five left now.

Rather annoyingly, I've had the chance for the summer toy and the seasonal food or drink, but didn't think about photographing them at the time. Feet and something underground shouldn't be too hard to achieve, but the kite or balloon has proved elusive so far.

The hunt ends on 30th September this year, so just a few weeks to go now.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amanda for playing along. You had some great finds. I think your bubbles is a favourite.

    ReplyDelete