Friday 3 November 2017

Farið

Back to my cruise album now, and another page from Shimelle's A Most Magical Scrapbook class. She put her photo, title and lots of embellishments on a paper 'shelf', but I ended up with a more paper layers and less embellishments. I also moved my title down the page as adding a journalling card opened up a good space for it alongside. I cut that title on my Silhouette as I wanted to be able to use the correct Icelandic letters.

Farið is a sculpture that I saw on the waterfront in Akureyri; I thought that it looked like a whale's tail but it means Flight and it actually commemorates 50 years of passenger flights in Iceland.


I also entered this page in last week's Weekly Challenge at UKScrappers; I've not done one of these for some time as sometimes the criteria are too specific for my tastes. However Scrapdolly set a good one last week - at least four patterned papers, one photo, cameras, butterflies and some form of stamping (although I didn't manage the butterflies). I stamped and fussy-cut the globe, a motif that's repeating through the album although it doesn't appear on every page.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, Bazzill
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Pink Paislee Memorandum, Crate Paper The Pier, Basic Grey Serenade
Journalling Card - Project Life Summer
Mistable Clouds - Studio Calico
Stickers - Photo Play Boarding Pass
Die-Cuts - atd
Puffy Stickers - Bella Boulevard
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot, Spellbinders Circle Dies, X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die & Little B Arrows Die
X-Cut Corner Punch
American Crafts/Shimelle Starshine Globe Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment