Thursday 9 November 2017

Musical Legends

I made this page last weekend, just after the first round of November challenges and sketches had been posted by the blogs I follow. I'd recently printed another batch of cruise photos and the first sketch to catch my attention was a three-photo design from Stuck?! Sketches.

I'd printed three 4x3 photos from one of the shows onboard and it was an easy job to adapt the sketch to the larger size. I'm doing all the pages for this album on Kraft cardstock but I decided to soften the brown with a liberal spritzing of white mist for this page, then added a layer of gold vellum.



I needed to move the title below the photos, and with my journalling nearing the foot of the page I decided to move some of my embellishments down too. I had the navy blue frame from the sketch in place all along, but as I was working I felt that (1) the page was unbalanced and (2) I needed to repeat the frame elsewhere. I cut extra pieces to go round the other embellishment clusters and I'm so happy with the way they look now. I do have another page where I'm not happy with my clusters and I'm actually going to go back to it and see whether similar frames will work on that one.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, Bazzill
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, American Crafts/Shimelle Go Now Go, Echo Park, Heidi Swapp
Vellum - American Crafts
Letters - American Crafts, My Mind's Eye
Washi Tape - Tesco
Enamel Dots/Stars - Marianne Designs
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mr Huey's, Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Tag Punch
X-Cut Circle Punch
Big Shot
X-Cut Nesting Stars Die
Little B Arrows Die


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the skech! I love the frames and the embellishments.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch, amazing photos and love that you put the title where it suited you the best.. thanks for joining in with Stuck?! sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page Amanda! I really love the white splatters on the kraft background! Really great interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, great layering and texture, love your use of mist and vellum! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I love the papers you used and the way you did your journaling. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete