Friday 17 November 2017

Seriously?

I'm crossing back over to Iceland for this page of the Phallological Museum in Reykjavik. Yes, seriously, that does mean exactly what you think it means; it's one of the strangest museums we've ever visited, beating the Leprosy Museum in Bergen for subject matter, but not for the quality of the exhibits.


I picked two photos for this page - a 4x6 of the outside and a 4x3 showing some of the exhibits. My layout started out from the Scrappy Friends Sketch Challenge at Grand Diva's Creative Corner, but morphed as I went. I'd intended to follow it, reduced in size to still show a border of the kraft cardstock I'm working with for this album. However, it soon became clear that I'd be happier if I layered my photos across the camera paper strip rather than having them below it. 

With larger photos and less writing  than that indicated in the sketch, I moved my journalling below the photos and ran it down to the line of embellishments towards the foot of the page; I also decided to move the title up to the top as I felt it needed to be above the museum name in the photo.



Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Echo Park Winter Park, Photo Play Boarding Pass, We R Memory Keepers, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Washi Tape - Little B
Puffy Stars - Bella Boulevard
Enamel Dots - Marianne Designs
Pearls - The Hobby House
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
Provocraft Alphabet Dies
Little B Arrows Die
Quickutz Tabs Die
Scrapberry's 'Around the World' Compass Stamp
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

1 comment:

  1. Great page and take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along at GCC!

    ReplyDelete