Monday 13 November 2017

Traditional Turf House

I'm switching over to Greenland for the next couple of pages in my cruise album. This one is from Ammasalik Museum, where they have reconstructed a traditional turf house of the type used as a winter home by the Inuit.


The page design comes from Shimelle's A Most Magical Scrapbook class once again, but this time I'm combining it with a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge from Scrap Our Stash

I picked the top row - plaid print, tab(s) and the colour brown. I'm making all the pages for this album on kraft cardstock (brown), the paper collection that I'm using has a plaid print and I have a tabs die that's a recurring item.



I filled my tab with a tiny wood veneer tree, and made a similar cluster across the page. With only two of this tree in my stash, I placed a slightly different one next to the title, and eventually decided that I needed a third 'proper' cluster at the foot of the journalling. With no more trees to hand I picked out an arrow instead.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Paper, We R Memory Keepers, Three Bugs in a Rug
Vellum - Crate Paper
Washi Tape - Various Unknown
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico, Creative Embellishments
Word Sticker - Tim Holtz
Enamel Dots - Echo Park, American Crafts/Shimelle, Doodlebug
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Big Shot & Quickutz Tabs Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge, and I l love the little clusters that you created!Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty LO! Love the details an stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little trees! And your clusters are fantastic :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! Those little trees are SUPER sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete