Saturday 16 December 2017

Artist at Work

I'm trying to fill in a few gaps in my 2017 album, and this page comes from July, when my husband exhibited at a local Arts and Crafts Fair, including demonstrating the art of watercolour painting.




I wanted a slightly 'painty' feel to my background so I smooshed silver mist onto the page using the packaging technique and spattered more silver and aqua mists along the diagonal. I used a 6x6 pad for the layers along with a doily to break up some of the straight lines and corners. Washi tape at the top and bottom of the page gave it some boundaries, and I finished off with translucent enamel shapes.

Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants Park Bench, Pink Paislee Moonstruck
Letters - American Crafts
Word Stickers - Cosmo Cricket
Brad, Gems & Washi - from Stash
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs
Staples - American Crafts
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Mister Huey's, Cosmic Shimmer


No comments:

Post a Comment