Sunday 28 January 2018

Town Park

Another page from Ålesund, this one's from the Town Park (which has no better name), I had four photos that I wanted to include - the steps down the hillside from viewpoint to park, a statue, a memorial and a sculpture. My first instinct was to print them all at 3x4, but then I would have lost some of the detail in the steps photo so I printed that one at 4x6 instead. I didn't have a layout plan in mind, and just moved the pictures around the page until I hit on a pleasing arrangement. 

With my photos in three columns, I decided to fill in the gaps to turn this into a grid. I haven't done a page like this in a while, and none in this album, so I will have to repeat the idea before I finish. However there are some photos from Reykjavik that I've been wondering how to tackle, and I think another grid may be the answer.



At UKScrappers, we have an ABC Challenge running all year, with each person in turn accepting a challenge and setting one for the next person as we go through the alphabet. We're on our second run already and I recently accepted 'A is for Arrows' and set 'B is for Buttons' for the next person. I have arrows as a repeating motif throughout this album so it was an easy one to do; my page has two die-cut arrows and arrows washi tape.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, My Mind's Eye Hello World, Echo Park Winter Park, Basic Grey Serenade
Letters - Basic Grey
Washi Tape - Tesco, Little B
Stickers - American Crafts/Shimelle. The Works
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
Little B Arrows Dies
Spellbinders Circle Dies
American Crafts/Shimelle Globe Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment