Thursday 1 February 2018

Austria 2016

I have loads of scrapbook pages for 2016, so many that they're going to need three albums rather than my usual two, so I decided to remove the pages from our holiday in Austria and give them their own album. This means that I need a new page summarising the holiday for the 2016 album.

The January challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper was to make a review page for 2017, using us least six photos. Since these challenges are just for fun, I had no qualms about twisting this one to make my holiday review page. I printed off a dozen photos as squares (just smaller than 4x4) with the intention of cropping some of them to be landscape or portrait as required once I had a plan for the page. Well, I shuffled them around for a bit, didn't manage to come up with a plan and then put them to one side in favour of 'easier' pages.

Last weekend, Stick It Down ran their first cybercrop, which included a couple of double pages and inspired me to pull those photos out again. Cathy's challenge combined a tic-tac-toe grid with any double sketch of our choice, so I looked for one that could be adapted for the photos I'd already printed, picking this one from May 2015.

I've used it before (Arlington Court), back when it was published, but the two pages look completely different and you wouldn't think that they started from the same place. With 12 square photos this time (I didn't crop any in the end), I laid out nine in a grid on the central square and use the other three to the sides as in the sketch.



My paper choices were relatively simple - I'd used Pink Paislee's Atlas collection for the original Austrian pages so I just pulled out the remaining papers and embellishments. I was low on full sheets but found a pair from another collection that would coordinate with them for the background.

For the tic-tac-toe part of the challenge, I chose the middle row - ink, stripes and stencil. My background paper has the stripes, I've inked all the paper edges and I also used ink through a stencil to add small circles on the background, around the paper circles on each side of the page.

Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants Park Bench, Pink Paislee Atlas
Letters - American Crafts
Numbers - October Afternoon
Washi Tape - Ebay
Puffy Stickers - Fancy Pants, Jillibean Soup, American Crafts/Shimelle
Enamel Stars - Pink Paislee
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Die
Spellbinders Circle Dies
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment