Thursday 29 September 2011

First Day .... Last Day

This is the final challenge from Scrap Whispers for September; at least next month I'll be able to do one a week instead of cramming them into four days! 

Challenge 99 was a  sketch, and this was perfect for a layout showing my daughter's first and last days at primary school. I already knew that I wanted to place the pictures in opposite corners but I hadn't got any further with my plans when I saw this sketch.

My central stripe isn't as wavy as in the sketch but, as I had no way of easily cutting such a precise shape, I decided to just tear a diagonal panel. I layered it with a straight-edged torn strip and some fibres, adding my rub-on title and dates and a few flowers. The little circle element says "Where does the time go?" and I decided that it didn't really need any more journalling than that.

Supplies
Paper - K&Co Hannah Scrap Pad, Kit 'n' Kraft, Dream Street Papers
Rub-Ons - Making Memories Heidi, Doodlebug Simply Sweet
Flowers - WHSmith
Fibres - Papermania
Circle Element - Crate Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment