Friday 4 November 2011

Happy Birthday

I started this layout of my daughter's birthday back before the school summer holidays, but I didn't finish it. I had picked the papers and printed the large photo, then the summer holidays intervened and gave me a whole load of new photos to scrap. Shimelle's Starting Point on Saturday was very similar, and gave me the push to get it out and finish it.
Obviously, my layout is at 90ยบ to Shimelle's and has photos rather than paper circles. I painted borders around my small photos to separate them from the patterned paper, then decided to outline the main photo too. I also spattered paint across the layout using an old toothbrush. Finally I added the girls' names to pennants on the right of the main photo; they are hard to see here as they are standing up from the page; they will lie flatter in the page protector. I used letter stickers for their initials - they are  from an old pack that is a mixture of squares and circles, pink and red, upper and lower case and I have never had all the right letters for a title. Speaking of titles, I haven't put one on the page; the paper and the main photo both have the words 'Happy Birthday' on them.

Supplies
Paper - DCWV Happy Birthday, plus some from stash
Letters - Crystal
Cake Embellishment - Craft for Occasions
Paint - Wilko

No comments:

Post a Comment