Friday 6 January 2012

Clown Fish

The latest challenge on Scrap Whispers is a colour challenge - to use Pink, Orange and Purple on a layout. This is seriously a challenge for me as they are just not my normal colours.

I was at a loss to know where to start, until I came across some clown fish photos - orange fish with pinkish stones. Just needed to add purple.

I don't have many papers in these colours, (well, quite a lot of pink, but hardly any purple or orange) so I started looking through various freebies and digital downloads. I found a gorgeous digital paper - brown with spots of all the colours I needed - and instead of printing it out I made the decision to try digital scrapping!

There is also a NEW-themed challenge on Scrap Our Stash - and this is certainly something NEW for me.

It was harder than I thought and I had to ask my son for technical advice but (drumroll please) this is my first ever digital layout:

I don't suppose it will be the last, but I definitely prefer the feel of a 'proper' page, with all its layers and textures. In fact, my fingers are itching to get back to the paper and sticky tape rather then the computer keyboard.

Digital Supplies
HapPea Life Brown Dots Paper by Anne Langpap for Two Peas in a Bucket
Sunshine Daisy Mango Paper & Pink Pearl Brads by Hero Arts Digital
Mulberry 'Paper' - Unknown
Title - Aarvark Cafe font (Word Art)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's MUCH better than my first attempt at digi LOL! What software are you using? You could try adding shadows for a bit of extra texture, but this is lovely as it is.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Whispers, and come back soon for the next challenge!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete