Tuesday 31 January 2012

Hello Chickens

Another monthly class running on UKScrappers is 'Simple Recipes' which gives you a 'recipe' for putting together a page kit from your own supplies. This consists of a colour combination, some embellishment ideas and a sketch, but you can use any or all of these ideas.

The colour combination for January was Hot Pink, Stormy Grey and Chocolate Brown; the embellishments suggestion was to use items with texture such as fabric, lace and netting.
          









The colour combination led me to a photo of my friend's daughter investigating the chickens at our local farm park. I love the fact that her face is hidden by her sunhat - it reminds me of Faye Whittaker's 'All Our Yesterdays' paintings.

I toned down the intensity of the colours to suit my photo and used the sketch, but not the ideas for texture:

I used an assortment of old and new paper in pinks and browns on a grey background, plus some ribbon and some very old letters. Somehow I managed to use 'stuff' from four different Crate Paper collections.

Supplies
Paper - Chartwell Studio, Provocraft Pink Scribble Floral, Dovecraft Suger & Spice, Crate Paper Mia Collection
Flowers - Bo Bunny
Brads - Papermania
Letters - DCWV Christmas Alphabet Sticker Stack
Ribbon - Anita's
Border Strip - Crate Paper Random Collection
Phrase Sticker - Crate Paper Restoration Collection
Journalling Sticker - Crate Paper Cottage Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment