Sunday 29 January 2012

May All Your Wishes Come True

I am rapidly running out of month, so I decided to combine two challenges in one. The sixth challenge of the New Year Crop at My Scrapbook Nook involved embellishments - choose a top ten and use three of them BUT you have to use one in an unusual way and also alter one in some way.

I decided to combine it with the 'Pagerize This' challenge at Scrap Our Stash. This month's layout to be pagerised (i.e. scraplifted) was a Christmas page from Tamara but it was full of potential for a change of theme.

I kept the big block of patterned paper, the single photo and the rows of paper below the photo, but I moved the title down and made my journalling box much smaller than her calender.

My embellishments were strips of patterned paper, embroidery thread and punched shapes. I used the thread to make a frame, and chalked the paper strip as the background was originally white.

Supplies
Paper - Pebbles Fresh Goods, Pebbles Floral Lane, plus pink with pressed flowers paper from stash
Letters - Pebbles Mini ABC Stickers, Trimcraft Smirk For Her
Ribbon Tie-Downs - Scotch
Pink Trim - from Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment