Saturday 4 February 2012

The London Eye

I first discovered My Sketch World almost a year ago, when I joined in with their 5th Birthday Sketch-a-Thon. A year on it's now time for their 6th Birthday and another Sketch-a-Thon, 15 days of brand new sketches for cards and layouts.

I decided to combine the first sketch with Pam's colour challenge at My Scrapbook Nook. She listed 10 ways to use colour on a page and challenged us to use two us them. My first layout paired a colour with a neutral; this time I decided to pull the colours from my photos - my usual way of choosing them.

I used a larger photo as the focus of my page, and moved the title and journalling around in order to accommodate a third smaller photo from our trip on the London Eye last autumn:

I used two papers from Crafts House - one with an all-over swirl pattern and one with patterned circles on the same swirls. The letters are from a variegated pack so some are much lighter/darker than others.

Supplies
Paper - Crafts House Retro Brown, plus blue from stash
Letter Stickers - Papermania Capsule Collection
Ribbon - from Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment