Sunday 11 March 2012

Kapitan Keling Mosque

Another page from our holiday to Malaysia. I started with one landscape and one portrait photo which is always awkward, so I initially picked an old layout to scraplift.

My photos have a really intense blue sky, which made picking a colour scheme tricky. Following hints from the recent Glitter Girl video at Two Peas, I focused on the terracotta colour of the roof tiles, pulled one piece of paper, and built my colours around that.

I moved my page elements around compared to the original page and I am happy with the end result, which has no blue at all, and uses a green which wasn't obvious from the photos:

Supplies
Card - Core'dinations Nightfall
Paper - K&Co Hannah Scrap Pad, MME Wild Asparagus
Tag - K&Co Hannah Scrap Pad
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Ric-Rac - Papermania
Ink Pad - Ink It Up!
Thread - DMC

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment