Thursday 19 April 2012

Dancer

There's no pretty graphic for challenge six from Shimelle: find a layout you love that isn’t in a style or colour scheme you’d usually use and scraplift it with a twist that makes it yours.

I had this magazine page in mind for some photos of my daughter, but could I find it last night? Well, I did eventually - it's by Fiona Beckman and it's on page 9 of the Complete Scrapbooking Handbook Volume 2. I hope I'm not breaking any copyright rules by including a photo of the page:

I was attracted to this layout because of the assortment of photo sizes. My photos are of my daughter in the outfits from a dance show. I had loads of good pictures of her posing in the pink dress, a couple in the blue and just one in the denim, and I didn't like the outfit at all. Who wants to dance in denim dungarees?

I took Fiona's monochromatic page and changed it to soft pastels. I swapped over the two larger photos and squeezed in an extra one in the bottom row:

The background paper looks very plain in this picture, but it's actually covered in dance words which I didn't want to obscure too much, hence the space at the top right.

Supplies
Paper - Sandylion Ballerina, plus pink scraps from stash
Mesh - from stash
Chipboard Letters - Woodware

No comments:

Post a Comment