Sunday 15 April 2012

HMS Belfast

I've just come back from a week in Wales with a camera full of photos to scrap. However, Shimelle's online scrapbooking weekend has started, and I find it easier to do her challenges with photos that I already have to hand. Wales will have to wait and the first challenge (posted on Friday) was to scraplift a layout from Jaime Warren:
I used the panels of paper in the middle of the layout, but I reversed things to have a plainer background and a bolder pattern for the panels. I added a diagonal scattering of paper circles and gems rather than the flowers and clouds in the original:
I decided to hand-write my journalling, but my writing goes uphill and I'm rather disappointed with that. I may add another panel of paper and re-do this before the page goes into an album.

Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Silver Stripes, HOTP Blue Compass, Crate Paper Mia Whirl
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Gems - Dovecraft
Pen - Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
'Ordinary' Hole Punch
EK Success Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colors! The little "scatterings" remind me of rising bubbles--so cute! And I think your uphill writing is just fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete