Sunday 6 May 2012

Summer in the Garden

May Movie Madness Challenge Six at My Scrapbook Nook was all about costume design - or more specifically using fabric on a page. I've been hoarding fabric for a while intending to use it on my pages, but I've never quite got round to it.

I pulled out a couple of pink pieces and a photo of my daughter wearing pink (not as easy to find as you might think). I used a gingham piece in place of patterned paper and pleated a darker pink strip into a ruffle. I wish my sewing machine still worked as I would have loved to stitch the length of the ruffle. I kept with the costume theme by adding three buttons to the right of the page. I also layered two flowers, one fabric and one paper, with a fabric covered button.

Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Sweet Summertime Journal Cards (reverse)
Fabric & Buttons - from Stash 
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Pebbles Mini Stickers
Flowers - Paper Island (& 1 from stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment