Wednesday 11 July 2012

Summer Ball

The end is in sight. I've reached X in the ABC Crop. X is for X-ray - create a page using only black, white and grey. This was a tough one. I've got plenty of cardstock in these colours, but just one sheet of patterned paper, so I had to use this damask print in two shades of grey. It's a formal paper so I paired it with a formal photo, one of me and my husband at his company's Summer Ball in the early 90s. I used my bracket punch on both the grey patterned paper and some dark grey card to make the borders, which I embellished with tiny pearls.

A close up
of the border:
Believe it or not, I didn't have enough of the right letters in either black or white for my title, so I turned to my Big Shot and used the same grey card. I will add some journalling to the page, but I'm not sure what memories I need to record. I should have a clearer idea when I do more pages from that era.

Supplies
Cardstock - Chartwell Studio, DCWV Neutral Stack
Paper - Teresa Collins Timeless
Pearls - Dovecraft

Tools
Fiskars Bracket Border Punch
Big Shot & Provo Craft Alphabet Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment