Saturday 3 November 2012

Rebecca

The third challenge today is Time's Arrow, where we were asked to produce a layout backwards, to think about the normal way we make a page and to reverse the steps.

I normally start from my photos, then choose my patterned papers, my background card or paper, my letters and any embellishments. Today I started from one particular embellishment, a square overlay that I have had sitting on my desk for a while and that I want to use up. Then I chose two white ribbons and white lettering, but I couldn't get any further until I had my photo. Having chosen one of my daughter as a baby, I chose my background paper before the other papers.

When I make the page, I normally start from the background and work my way up in layers, with the embellishments last. This time, I started from that overlay and worked my way down to the background:


ending up here:

Supplies
Paper - Colorbok Pastel Floral, HOTP Garnet Sarabook
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Overlay & Ribbons - from Stash


No comments:

Post a Comment