Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pub Grub

This page was conceived a few months ago, but it's taken some time to be born. Last summer I took a class from True Scrap 3 called The Perfect Collection. It was taught by Shimelle Laine and she demonstrated a method for quickly producing pages by randomly cutting up ALL your patterned papers and layering up the pieces to make pages. I started with a small collection of five papers from Basic Grey, and I made two pages at the time. I returned to my bag of paper pieces in November and made two more pages. You can see these four by hitting the 'Perfect Collection' label below.

I finished off by piling up my remaining pieces to make one final 'starting point' page and put it aside until I paired it with a suitable photo. That day has finally arrived and I have my fifth and final page from five patterned papers and five pieces of cardstock.



It was an interesting process and one I will repeat in the future (when I find another collection that I can bear to cut up into random pieces). 

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV Neutral Stack
Paper - Basic Grey Granola
Letters - Paper Cellar
Ink - Dovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment