Wednesday 8 May 2013

Silly Faces

The next challenge from Scrap Whispers was based on the fairy tale Cinderella and has the theme of old and new. I decided to try and use some of my oldest stash and picked on my ancient (pre-2008) shaped eyelets.

My 'new' is a set of photos from the photo booth at my sister's wedding last month. Her wedding colours were pink and turquoise so I chose a pink background paper. This ties in with the very first NSD challenge that Shimelle Laine set - scrap in pink; her fifth challenge - use brads or eyelets; and also her twentieth challenge - use smaller photos.

I backed my pink paper on grey cardstock to give it some stability, sprayed it with white mist (which is almost invisible now it has dried) and marked out a circle of eyelets around my photo. I initially just put a strip of washi tape below the photo, but then I decided to turn it into a frame. The letter stickers are more old stash. I've discovered over time that I don't really like multi-coloured titles, but they seemed just right for this page.



Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - HOTP Pink Swirls
Eyelets - Unknown
Letters - Lakeland
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Ink - Ink It Up!
Mist - Mr Huey

Tools
Circle Template
Eyelet Setter

1 comment:

  1. These are fab photos and those eyelets look awesome - makes me want to dig some of my old stash out too!

    ReplyDelete