Monday 6 May 2013

So Sleepy

Another day, another page from the NSD Fairy Tale challenges at Scrap Whispers. This one is based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and we were asked to make a page using one of the dwarfs' names as a title. 

The obvious name for me to use was Sleepy as I have an assortment of photos of sleeping children. The first one I found was actually of my son and my husband together so I went with that one, and pulled a turquoise and green paper out of my scraps box as a starting point.

But then I was stumped, not sure where to go. I started playing with a circle of the paper, cut as large as my scrap would allow, but it was too small to have any impact on the page. Just messing about really, I turned the circle into a hoop and then cut a series of concentric circles. Inspiration finally hit me and I joined the circles into a chain, spritzed and spattered my background with mist and backed two of the circles with vellum. Then I added my title around the largest circle and a few brads near the joins to finish off.



I'm linking this page to a couple more of Shimelle's challenges too. Challenge 3 was to use mist on a page, and Challenge 22 was to use square photos.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill?
Paper - Authentique Loyal (double-sided)
Vellum - Paper Adventures
Letters - docrafts
Brads - Papermania
Mist - Mr Huey's

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template

1 comment:

  1. love the spritsy effect of the mist! really adds something extra!

    ReplyDelete