Saturday 11 May 2013

Who Moved First?

With the web full of challenges for National Scrapbooking Day, I suppose it's normal for duplicates to be issued. It certainly cuts down the number of pages I need to make to complete them all. This page is for both Shimelle's Challenge 6 and Two Peas in a Bucket's Challenge 8 - Scraplift Yourself.

I started by looking for a page that was a bit 'different' as I frequently scraplift myself anyway, and I came across an old one that used overlapping paper strips, something that I haven't done on a page in a while. The photo is of my son and two other babies from our ante-natal class. It's a bit blurry as they all moved, but it's the only shot I have.


This was the original. I changed things up with softer colours, one less photo, an extra paper strip, inked edges and some cross-stitches, and I moved the title and journalling too.

I prefer the new page to the old one, which feels a little unfinished now. I think this may be an indication of my style evolving as time goes on. I may have to see what I can add to this one, or I may just leave it alone as it is part of a finished album.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill Butter Cream
Paper - Crate Paper DIY Shop, K&Co Hannah, Basic Grey (Doily), Sandylion Travel Stripes
Washi Sticker - Crate Paper DIY Shop
Letters - Basic Grey Curio
Ink - Ink It Up!
Thread


No comments:

Post a Comment