Monday 15 July 2013

Ready to Hike

This page has been a long time in the making, I've been working on it for days in a few minutes here and a few minutes there, but it's finally finished. It has its roots even further back as I am using the June Simple Recipes prompt from UKScrappers. The recipe colours last month were ice blue, turquoise hue and green gold and I knew that I had a swirly floral paper with just those colours, but I couldn't find it! After deciding that I must have already used the other side, I gave up looking, and found it! It's from Fancy Pants' Winterland collection and also has little snowflakes in the pattern so I looked back to photos from last winter and picked one of my daughter and her team-mates at the beginning of a scout hike in the snow.

There is an optional sketch in the Simple Recipe, but it didn't suit my needs. A single photo and a paper that I wanted to show took me to Shimelle's blog to use Sketch 7 from her Sketch to Scrapbook Page video series instead.

Further optional ingredients from the recipe were washi tape, patterned letter stickers and new stash. I did use the washi tape, which is itself new stash, but not the patterned letters.



Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Fancy Pants Winterland (plus Scraps)
Letters - American Crafts, Jenni Bowlin Studio
Snowflakes - from Stash
Brads - Papermania
Washi Tape - The Range
Ink - Dovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment