Sunday 7 July 2013

Sumit and Kathryn

There's a challenge going on at UKScrappers this summer called 'We Challenge You', where we have to complete a set of seven layouts and one card; that's one for each of their regular challenges and classes, one from the Break It Down class and one with a photo from the photography prompts. I've done some of these anyway, and it seems like a good idea to complete the set.

This page arose from the SNAP:2013 photography challenges (a different  subject to capture each week). Some of the prompts were quite strange (e.g. a kitchen utensil) and some more mundane, but there weren't many that readily translated onto a scrapbook page that I wanted to make. However the prompt for Week 16 was my saviour - Weddings. I have lots of unscrapped wedding photos. I picked this particular wedding to scrap because I only have a small number of photos, enough for this page and one other of the happy couple cutting the cake. 

The bride chose a pink wedding dress rather than traditional white, so I picked a pink colour scheme for my page. I had originally intended to use green too (I had a beautiful pink and green floral paper picked out) but as I assembled the page a monochromatic scheme just worked better. My papers actually came from two baby girl collections, but there's nothing babyish about them at all.


My journalling about the day is on the page, but there is more on the tag behind the square photo, explaining who Sumit and Kathryn are as they don't appear anywhere else in my albums at present. Sumit was a school friend and so he will appear in some of my albums when I scrap those older photos.

Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Yours Truly, Pebbles New Addition, Pebbles New Arrival
Letters - Prima 
Stickers - Royal & Langnickel
Washi Tape - Queen & Co 
Ink - Ink It Up!
Eyelet & Thread - from Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment