Tuesday 24 June 2014

Ascot with a Twist

Another page with recent photos, for another of Shimelle's challenges from her online scrapbooking weekend. 

It's rare for me to appear in my scrapbooks, but I'm in all three of these photos. They were taken just last week, on Ladies' Day, but we're not really at the races. Ascot with a Twist is an annual fundraising event in aid of Little Havens Children's Hospice. Over 300 ladies enjoyed a three course lunch, fun betting on the races, a jewellery raffle and afternoon tea.




This was my second version of the page. I used black and gold for the first one, but is was too dark and 'heavy'. I wanted something lighter and more summery and picked this floral for my background instead. Shimelle's sketch had four small photos, which I switched for three larger ones, but I think I went a bit too large as I didn't have a lot of space above and below them for layering.

The floral and the turquoise print both came from the May/June Quirky Kit Lite which I recently subscribed to.

Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp Favorite Things, Echo Park Capture Life,  Cherry Arte Princess, Various Scraps
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Papermania
Gems - Papermania Dew Drops, Forever in Time
Flowers - from Stash
Leaf - Clorbok
Washi Tape - American Crafts DIY
Ink/Mist - docrafts

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch




No comments:

Post a Comment