Tuesday 17 June 2014

Dog Days

Our holiday in Norfolk last month was a group thing - three couples, two with children and one with dogs. The children and the dogs got on really well, and I snapped photos of them in the garden one afternoon.

No sketches or challenges for this page, just the pleasure of finishing off a paper collection by using the simple technique of 'cutting the pieces you have left into rectangles and arranging them on the page'.




I find that the more patterns I use, the less embellishments I want; I stitched a circle around the photos and just added a few simple flowers. The title was the hardest part - I really wanted to use brown Thickers and thought I had plenty, but they were all either too big or missing key letters. After going through most of my letter stickers (and re-organising the basket they live in) I unearthed these ones which match the papers really well (same manufacturer, different collection).

Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Fabulous, Basic Grey Max & Whiskers
Letters - Basic Grey Nordic Holiday
Flowers - KaiserCraft
Ink - docrafts
Thread/Gems - from Stash

Tools
Fiskars Circle Template
Bazzill Paper Piercer

1 comment: