Saturday 26 July 2014

Changing the Guard

I don't scrap chronologically, but I do keep my pages in albums by year. I started scrapping in 2008 and I've tended to work both forwards and backwards from that point depending on my mood and the challenges that catch my eye. I've finished a few albums (2004, 2006, 2008-10) and mostly finished 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011-12. I keep a list of pages that I need to make to complete these albums, plus 2013 (about 2/3 done). Going forwards, I'm obviously in 2014 (and I've concentrated on those pages recently) and going backwards I've reached 2002.

None of my recent photos suited this week's challenge from UKScrappers; nor did it fit with my list of 'missing pages' so I've fallen back on 2002 and a trip to London to see the Changing of the Guard. I only took three photos (pre-digital remember), one at Horse Guards Parade and two at Buckingham Palace.




Three photos? The bottom one of this pair lifts up to reveal the third. When I put the page in its album, I'll cut a slit in the page protector so that the flap can easily be lifted up using the chipboard button. I didn't feel that all three photos quite fitted together, as they are from two separate places, but I didn't want to make a second page for the Horse Guards photo on its own.


The Dizzy Dots set the challenge this week and they asked us to use a sketch from Page Maps, to use fabric or stitching, use a favourite colour from our wardrobe (dusky pink) and to use dots (the polka dot paper).

I rotated the sketch and altered the title section to accommodate my opening flap. There's not much journalling as the photos are 12 years old and I don't remember much of this part of the day.

Supplies

Paper - Bo Bunny Ambrosia, MME Vintage Charm
Letters - American Crafts Remarks
Chipboard Button - MME Market Street
Stickers - Crate Paper Restoration
Flowers - KaiserCraft
Perals - from Stash

Tools
Sewing Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment