Wednesday 20 August 2014

Talk to the Animals

I've said before that I don't scrap chronologically, but I do store my pages in chronological albums. Once an album is taking shape I keep a list of 'missing' pages and the number of photos that each page needs, ready for when inspiration strikes.

One of these missing pages was a five-photo visit to an animal sanctuary, and my inspiration cam along in the shape of a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches last week. My photos were a mixture of portrait and landscape, so I jiggled them about in comparison with the sketch, but the basic plan is the same.


Taking the colour scheme for the page directly from the photos would have given me a mess of greens and browns, so I started by placing my photos on a few different backgrounds, and this stripe seemed to be the best option. The floral paper has the same yellow (same manufacturer, different collection) and the denim is the reverse side of the floral. I'm not a fan of banners, so I based my embellishment on wood veneer circles backed with coordinating patterned paper.




Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper Neighbourhood, Crate Paper Random
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Bo Bunny Mamarazzi
Wood Veneer Circles - Studio Calico
Butterflies - Prima
Ink - docrafts, Ink It Up!
Mist - docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Scalloped Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Dovecraft Filmstrip Stamp
Elle's Studio 100% Sweet Stamp

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic page, love the sweet animal pics too! I think you scrap exactly the same way I do! So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the clean lines. Your photos are great too. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page! love the colors and the photos.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete