Sunday 21 September 2014

Honningsvåg

Once upon a time, I was working on an album from the cruise to Norway and Svalbard that we took last summer, but I got distracted by other projects and have neglected this for too long.

I'm using divided page protectors for this album, an assortment of page configurations from American Crafts, and I'm getting the photos professionally printed one batch at a time. Somehow I only did half of the last batch, and I haven't ordered the third batch yet, though I want to rectify that soon.

I've reached day 7 of our 16 night holiday and the port of Honningsvåg, in the most northern region of Norway. I'm working on the back of my previous page, so the pocket sizes were pre-decided for me. I'm using a map for each port, which lies in the first pocket, alongside a view of the village as we approached. The middle row has photos of a sculpture called Der Noorderwind, and then both of my children with a troll, a Norwegian mascot.



The last two pockets have photos of the marina and the church. The town was largely destroyed during the war, and the villagers lived in the church while they rebuilt their homes.

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Portfolio, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, MME Follow Your Heart
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico 
Washi Tape - October Afternoon, The Range
Butterfly - Prima
Gems - Dovecraft

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment