Thursday 23 October 2014

Costumes

I'm back again with the second October sketch from Stuck?! Sketches, and it's quite different from the first one (which I used for my last page).

I'm still on Harry Potter pages, and this will be a sub-section title page, one that will come before a series of costume pages in the album.

Obviously, the sketch is based around the hexagon, but I don't have a hexagon punch or die yet (though a set of dies is on my Christmas wish list) so I had to do what I could with squares. I punched 1" squares of all the papers that I am using in this album, and angled them slightly on the page. I tried putting a few squares with my title at the bottom of the page, but it wasn't working for me so I moved my letters up to just below the photo.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Bazzill
Papers - October Afternoon Witch Hazel, OA Five & Dime, OA Holiday Style, OA Woodland Park, OA Campfire, OA Schoolhouse
Letters - American Crafts
Die-Cuts - OA Witch Hazel
Rub-Ons - DCWV
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Square Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Woodware Tiny Star Punch

2 comments:

  1. Great job, love how you adapted the sketch with squares, gret thinking, so glad to see you back at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squares in place of the hexagon. Nice touch with the wood stars too. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete