Wednesday 11 February 2015

On the Weavers Way

I've wanted some hexagon dies for a while, and finally got some for Christmas, though it's taken me a while to put them to use.

I'm filling in the gaps in my 2014 album and I've got to our holiday in Norfolk in May. I'd scrapped most of it but I missed out a walk that my husband and our friend did along part of the Weavers' Way. I always find it harder to scrap pages that I wasn't actually there for, but both of them wrote blog posts about the walk so I plundered those for information and photos.

The photos are quite rich in colour so I picked a palette of softer colours for my background, cutting 2" hexagons from a 6x6 pad and outlining them before running them from top left to bottom right of the page.


Supplies
Paper - KaiserCraft Hello Today, My Mind's Eye Quilting Bee 6x6 Pad
Letters - Basic Grey
Sticker - MME The Sweetest Thing
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot, X-Cut Hexagon Dies & X-Cut Headliner Alphabet Die
Dovecraft Filmstrip Stamp

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely page Amanda, I haven't used hexagons in ages and your design looks fab. The subtle papers certainly emphasise your great photo's. xx

    ReplyDelete