Thursday 5 March 2015

Stick It Down - Messing About on the Water

We have three new sketches at Stick It Down this month, which were published on Sunday with one example of each. Today the rest of the single page DT are sharing their pages, followed by cards next week and the double page girls the week after. Hopefully that's plenty of inspiration to keep you going.


I'm still scrapping my way through Austrian photos, though I'm hopping about now rather than working chronologically. This page is from our final morning in Fuschl, when my daughter and I took a pedalo out onto the lake. My husband wasn't interested in joining us, and stayed safely on the shore with his camera poised, just in case one of us fell in.

I chose my background paper first for this page, the bright red picking up the colour of the pedalo, and ran the ombre effect across the page. The paper with the hearts followed, and I fussy cut the flowers from another piece in the same collection. The polka dots are the reverse side of the floral paper, and the word 'smile' was a cut-apart element on the other side of the heart paper. I would have liked a matching word at the top of the page, but the only other aqua-coloured word on the sheet didn't suit this page; I used it anyway for the colour, but layered a circle of the heart paper over the word itself. 




Supplies
Paper - Glitz Design Finnley, Teresa Collins Something Wonderful
Letters - American Crafts, Making Memories
Washi Tape - Tesco
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Corner Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute layout and those photo's really jump out with the red background. It looks like you had wonderful weather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the sketch! Great page!

    ReplyDelete