Friday 17 April 2015

Moving On Up

I've reached that point in the year when I still haven't finished last year's albums, but this year's photos are stacking up and demanding my attention. It happens every year, and the lure of new photos always wins. They're not piling up too quickly yet, I've counted 5 singles and 4 doubles that will bring this year up-to-date so I can go back to 2014.

My first 2015 page was made with this month's sketch at ScrapMuch?, though I did play with the dimensions to suit my landscape photographs. I found that the notebook paper I punched didn't really fit at the top of the page, so I moved it on to the side instead.

When I find older embellishments that I have half-forgotten, and want to use up, I keep them on my desk in plain view. The flower is one of those pieces and it feels good to get it on a page at last.

The pictures are my daughter and her fellow Scouts being presented with various awards and badges, including the Chief Scout's Gold Award. They have all moved on to become Explorer Scouts now.



Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper The Pier, Simple Stories Take a Hike, Bo Bunny Camp-a-Lot
Flower - Teresa Collins Vintage Finds
Enamel Dot - Teresa Collins Daily Stories
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Sizzix Wallflower Alphabet Dies
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely page Amanda! All the different papers compliment each other beautifully and the sweet little flower adds a touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Congrats to your daughter. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Much?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to adapt things to suit your layout...and good use of your flower embellishment! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the sketch, love the layers and patterns! So glad you joined us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch. It is a beautiful, simple and clean layout. Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the sketch and layering
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page and I like your paper choices! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for playing with us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job using up your embellishments! I love that idea to leave them out in plain view - I'm going to try that. Love the papers you paired for this layout. Thank you for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete