Sunday 24 May 2015

Paddington in Paddington

When I spotted this sketch from My Scraps and More, I immediately saw it as an eight-photo sketch, even though some of the squares are marked 'Title'.

I had a set of eight photos ready to scrap, from The Paddington Trail in London last December. The city was host to 50 statues of Paddington Bear to tie in with the film release, and these eight were in and around Paddington itself.

Since Paddington Bear is basically a book character, I wanted to use bookprint paper for my background, and had a piece in my latest Quirky Kit. I used blue cardstock (in the closest shade I had to Paddington's duffle coat) to mat the photos, and also to mat the whole page. My pictures are a different size from those in the sketch, so I moved them around the page before settling on using four columns. 



There was a yellow pattern already on the edges of the bookprint paper, so I used yellow as an accent colour on my page. I also spread a little white acrylic paint on the paper to tone down the print, and give me a place for my journalling.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Bo Bunny Sweet Life, Crate Paper DIY Shop
Letters - American Crafts, Lily Bee
Washi Tape - Unknown
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico

Tools
Big Shot & Little B Chevrons Die

4 comments:

  1. Loving all he photos! Cute take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun scrapbook subject Paddington makes! Great take on the multi-square sketch. So glad you joined us this month at My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you added the yellow to the page! And what a wonderful collection of pics! Perfect use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More SketcheS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at MS&M!

    ReplyDelete