Friday 5 June 2015

The Day Brian May Came to Palmers College

It's single page reveal day over at Stick It Down today, so I'm sharing the page I made from this month's sketch.

As the title says, it's a photo from the day the Brian May (Queen guitarist and environmental campaigner) visited my son's sixth form college. He spoke to the students about the importance of voting in the general election, and of voting for a candidate who would listen to their constituents' views rather than following the party line.

There's not a lot of colour in the photo, and I didn't want to overwhelm it with my papers so I chose an almost monochromatic scheme for my page. I was starting on it just as Lydia from Sketch-n-Scrap posted her challenge from their third birthday celebrations. All the challenges are linked to the number three, and she asked us to create a page using three patterns in the same colour. I only had two at that point, but I had a rummage through my scraps for a third.

I also stamped on my background paper, as suggested to me by the sketch. I used two patterns and colours, but it's hard to see much of it in the photo below.



Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio II, Crate Paper DIY Shop, Basic Grey True Love, Crafts House Retro
Letters - Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon
Star - Jenni Bowlin
Washi Tape - Efco
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins
Ink - Docrafts, Ink It Up!

Tools
KaiserCraft Bubble Wrap Stamp
7Gypsies 'Collections from the Journey' Stamp

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the challenge! Thank you for playing with us at sketch n scrap!

    ReplyDelete