Wednesday 2 September 2015

Album Preparations

We've recently returned from a cruise, mostly to Canada, but with a couple of stops in Ireland (North and South). It was our fifth cruise and each one so far has its own album (or will have when I finish them).

I'm taking the same approach for this holiday's album as I took for my Harry Potter album and my London 2012 album. In both cases I assembled a core kit of papers and embellishments to use for the whole project, and if I used something else from my stash then that got added to my kit box too. This time I started from Heidi Swapp's No Limits paper pad which I picked up from Homesense back in March as I thought it would be perfect for this album.


I have the Heidi Swapp wood veneer pack too, and I've added co-ordinating papers from my stash, plus a 6x6 pad from Graphic 45 and an ivory Sarabook for some neutral papers. I have a couple of washi tapes picked out (and I can always add more) plus some travel embellishments, a pack of tags and some pearls and gems.

I've decided on grey for my background papers this time; I used cream for Harry Potter and kraft for London 2012 but grey seems most suitable with these papers. 

I've made the title page for my album (come back tomorrow for that one) but it will be a little while before I do any more. I've decided to get the photos professionally printed and it will take some time to sort through them all, pick the ones I want, edit them and choose the appropriate sizes for printing. I know it's a mammoth task, but I did this for Harry Potter and it paid off in the long run. Having a pile of printed photos to flip through is much more inspiring than scrolling through them on a computer screen.


1 comment:

  1. You are so organised Amanda! Love the look of those Heidi Swapp papers and I look forward to seeing you work through your album. xx

    ReplyDelete