Saturday 19 September 2015

Scrapbooking with Shimelle

About six weeks ago, Shimelle Laine posted on Facebook that she would be teaching a Scrapbooking class at the Spiegeltent in Canary Wharf. This was one of a series of cultural and entertainment events taking place in a special tent in Canada Square Park.

I ummed and aahed about going. On the one hand, Shimelle herself said that "It is not an in-depth, serious and life-changing scrapbooking workshop for people with lots of scrapping experience! It's a fun taster session as part of a family fun event." On the other hand, it was a chance to attend a real class, to meet Shimelle herself and to scrap along with other people. Also, if this one proved popular then perhaps we might get that 
in-depth, serious and life-changing scrapbooking workshop in the future.

Anyway, I pondered whether to go or not, went away on holiday, came back, got stuck into overtime at work, and decided that I needed some 'me time'. I don't work on Fridays so I booked the workshop a few days in advance and tipped up to Canary Wharf at the allotted time yesterday. The tent itself was rather impressive, but also somewhat smaller than I was expecting.




There were about a dozen people there and we gathered around one big table to make mini-books with supplies mostly from Shimelle's True Stories Collection. The books were really quite simple, made with one sheet of 12x12 cardstock, scored and folded into six sections. Shimelle took photos of us all and printed out a selection for our books. We were supposed to have 45 minutes, and we stretched it to an hour before we had to pack away, but it really wasn't long enough. I finished my book last night, with a few extra photos and a few more supplies of my own.





Supplies from Shimelle
Kraft Cardstock
True Stories Paper, Die-Cuts and Stickers

Supplies Added by Me
Shimelle Paper and Rub-On
My Mind's Eye Chipboard Button

Elle's Studio Label Stickers
Paper Scraps

No comments:

Post a Comment