Sunday 13 December 2015

Tiedyetastic

This page is something a bit different for me. My daughter and her fellow Explorer Scouts had been doing tie-dye and their leader posted some photos of the results on Facebook. I decided to try a messy multi-coloured background to imitate the way that colours run into each other in tie-dye.

I mixed several colours of ink with water and 'smooshed' them into a plain piece of white cardstock using plastic packaging to spread them around. This worked best with Ranger distress inks, was acceptable with Hobbycraft ink and an abject failure with Papermania inks.

I stamped over this with a bubble wrap stamp, used modelling paste and a circles mask for a bit of texture, and spattered two colours of mist across the diagonal. Messy stuff over, I cut down my page slightly and matted it on a diagonal striped paper. I don't normally like multi-coloured titles but it seemed to be the right thing for this page. My title was originally going to be the slightly clearer tie-dye-tastic, but I found a cursive font and decided to join up all the letters.




Supplies
Cardstock - Quirky Kit
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Quoted, My Minds Eye Just Splendid
Letters - Echo Park
Ink - Ranger, Hobbycraft, Docrafts
Mist - Maya Road, Docrafts
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Washi Tape - Tesco
Gems - ZVA Creative, Forever in Time
Modelling Paste - Farrel & Gold

Tools
KaiserCraft Bubble Wrap Stamp
Heidi Swapp Confetti Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment