Tuesday 2 February 2016

Captain James Cook Historic Site

Yes. it's another double page! That's two in less than a week! I don't generally enjoy them, unless I have a good sketch... and this one from ScrapMuch? was almost perfect for my photos from the Captain James Cook Historic Site in Corner Brook, Newfoundland.

I did add an extra photo on the left, and I changed the size of one of the photos on the right to give extra importance to the statue of Captain Cook. He was the first person to reliably map the coast of Newfoundland, and it was this work that led to his later voyages to the Pacific. 



The Historic Site is a small area of parkland at the top of Crow Hill. It was quite a walk, but definitely worth it for the views over the bay. I used another of the view photos on my Corner Brook title page - here.

There's no 'proper' title as it is on the left-most photo, with some journalling strips beneath it. I could have written directly on the background on the right, but I used strips again so that it would end just above the photos, and I wouldn't either run out of space or have an awkward gap.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits
Arrow Clip - Freckled Fawn
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & Tag Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment