Saturday 6 February 2016

Forget the Selfie

A new year begins in February over at shimelle.com with the announcement of weekly challenges each Monday. The first one was to scrapbook a selfie, but I didn't quite do this, although I am in the photo I scrapped.

I'm a Luddite and don't have a smartphone, so selfies are few and far between. My husband took a few on the first formal night of our cruise last year, but they are truly terrible, so bad that we had a professional photo taken on the second formal night the following week, and it's that picture that I used here. 

There isn't normally a story to this sort of posed photo which makes it difficult to think of an interesting page title. However this time Shimelle's challenge got me thinking about those failed selfies and lead directly to the title of my page.




My page design came from another challenge - this week's sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. I copied the main diagonal elements, but I added a journalling box on the left, and moved my title across above it.

I cut the word Selfie four times on my Silhouette Portrait and layered them up to give the word a little dimension, adding the rest of the title with letter stickers.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Colorbok Travel, Graphic 45 Artisan Style, HOTP Ivory Sarabook
Vellum - Crate Paper
Doily - Dovecraft
Letters - American Crafts
Wood Veneer - Heidi Swapp
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-ology

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch very much ad your photo is just gorgeous and I'm glad you could get it the second night. The title is perfect. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Tanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at LGS. We love having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. I Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo and take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, nice photo, thanks you for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete