Wednesday 10 February 2016

My Boy

I've been a follower of Mercy Tiara (Tracy Banks) on YouTube for some years, and she's announced her plans for a series of 27 Day Challenges this year. Each one will be posted on the first of the month, and we have 27 days to play along. Her first challenge is to use up an older collection or kit, and this lead me back to Basic Grey Archaic, which I tried and failed to kill off a few weeks ago (with a page called Play Hard). 

I pulled out the remaining pieces once again; lots of my paper scraps were 6" wide so I started by lining them up in a column, then layered a 6x6 piece and a 4x6 piece on top, followed by a few small strips, before I decided on my photo. I picked an old one of my son, which I'd previously cropped to about 4x4, and added a couple of stickers and a circle of the dinosaur print.



And guess what? I still haven't killed off this collection, and I only used two of those pesky stickers.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Basic Grey Archaic
Letters - American Crafts
Brads - Bazzill
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Mister Huey's


3 comments:

  1. I love the design Amanda, it hasn't left the layout too heavy even with those darker papers (which I still have loads of too!). I don't think we will ever be up to date on our photo's or have used up all our stash!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like this one! I was given the BG Archaic by my well-meaning husband but I've never really been excited by it. I might Pin your LO as inspiration if I may!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete