Saturday 20 February 2016

Red Bay

Red Bay, on the Labrador coast, was the last of the Canadian ports on our cruise last summer, and the only one on the mainland. We moored just outside the bay and used the ship's lifeboats to go ashore. 

This is my arrival/introduction page for Red Bay; I've made one for each port of call to divide up my album. The two photos are the view of the bay and a closer shot of the village both taken from the ship. I've taken inspiration from (i.e. copied) Glitter Girl's Adventure 128, placing my photos next to each other with strips of patterned paper above and below.



I'm also linking up with Shimelle's weekly challenge - to mix old scrapbooking stash with new. I would consider most of the things on this page to be "new" in that I bought them specifically for this album (even though they are up to 10 months old now). The stripy paper is definitely "old", I'm guessing 2010 though it could be earlier, and so are the turquoise gems and the label stickers. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Colorbok Travel, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Card - Project Life Summer
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - 7Gypsies, Studio Calico
Brads - My Mind's Eye
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Gems - Papermania
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Stampendous 'Travel Words' Stamp
7Gypsies 'Collections from the Journey' Stamp


No comments:

Post a Comment