Friday 26 February 2016

Shimelle & Me

I made this page for a couple of challenges: UKScrappers are running a new series called Scrap Like You Mean It, and the first prompt was to scrap in your favourite colour; Shimelle's latest weekly challenge is a monochromatic page.

I chose blue for my page; I'm not sure that it's truly my favourite colour but I use it a lot in my scrapbooks. I picked a mottled blue paper for my background and decided to work with a background cut file and fill the various openings with different blue papers. 

I selected the Pie Chart Background from Laura Whitaker, but her original file is 12x12 for a Cameo and I have the Portrait which can only cut an 8" width. I initially just resized her file, but then I thought that an 8x8 background would be almost covered by my photo. My next step was to copy and flip the file, weld two together and resize again so my final pie chart background was roughly 6x12. 

I normally choose a photo before I start my pages, but on this occasion I did almost all my background work before picking one. I did a quick flip through my most recent photos and picked one of me with Shimelle at a mini-book workshop last September, which I printed at 4x4 and matted twice.




I used my Portrait again to cut the word 'Shimelle' in her own handwriting (sourced from the internet) and finished my title with silver glitter Thickers; I used a gem for the dot on the 'i' and more gems next to the photo. Finally I journalled around the edge of the page as a border.

Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market, My Mind's Eye Bright 6x6 Pad, Crate Paper Neighbourhood 6x6 Pad, Scraps
Letters - American Crafts
Gems - Mark Richards
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Laura Whitaker 'Pie Chart Background' Cut File
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template


1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting to meet Shimelle! Love the cut file and how you redesigned it to meet your needs. Altogether a wonderful page. xx

    ReplyDelete