Sunday 10 April 2016

Go Wild

I've reached that time of year when I am torn between scrapping this year's photos and finishing off my albums from last year. Right now this year is winning, and I've scrapped a trio of photos from my husband and daughter's first wild camp of the year which they did last month.


I had three 4x4 photos, and my initial impulse was to line them up across the page with borders above and below, but that felt too confined so I looked for a sketch with less rigidity in the design and found the first April sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. It's a two photo sketch, but I liked the layers and the circles so I decided to see what I could do using three photos instead.

I also tackled Shimelle's currently weekly challenge - to scrapbook with vellum. I used a sheet of vellum as the largest of my layers and I added a squares pattern to it using ink and a mask.



Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit, (Unknown Background)
Vellum - The Works
Letters - American Crafts
Flowers - KaiserCraft

Pearls - ScrapBerry's
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Mister Huey's, Docrafts

Tools

Big Shot & Poppy Stamps Small Leafy Sprig Die
Creative Expressions "Grid" Mask
Kreaxions Circle Cutter

7 comments:

  1. I Love how you have worked the vellum background Amanda! Also love the papers - so pretty together. I've never thought of adding a masked image to vellum, did I say I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your take on the sketch an the earth tones you have used. Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page !! All the best from LGS~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, love what you did with the vellum, thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the sketch. Wonderful work. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete